Sunday 21 June 2015

Berlin Marathon: 2.4km Sprint Test

My personal trainer set me a test: run 2.4km as fast as you can on a treadmill and tell her the result next week. That's one-and-a-half miles.
A quick Google search suggests that's the mandatory fitness test for the armed forces and the police; 12 minutes seems to be the maximum time allowed. 
So I headed down there and got on that goddam treadmill. I warmed up for five minutes at a 1% gradient and faffed about with the controls to get it up to a decent speed. I started at 4'30 per km and gradually quickened minute by minute. I got it up to 4'10km in the sprint finish and ended with a time of 10'58. Sweat all over the machine. I was pleased with that as a marker but I think I can go quicker. I was breathing heavily but still had more in the tank. 
My main concern was discomfort in my right metatarsal area. Maybe a warning that I'm overdoing it again. Need to keep monitoring that carefully. 
My PT has also given me some sleep and eating diaries to fill in. Should be fun. 
I feasted on poached egg and beans on toast then headed to watch big Joe in his final at the Marlow Regatta at Dorney Lake. Moody weather for June 20. 


We got back home in time to enjoy a bottle of red wine and a felafel pitta bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment